April 23, 2014

The Cat's Out of the Bag

I sent off a complaint this week to the the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division in Washington, DC. Contained therein were the details of Darren Rainey's murder at the hands of correctional officers. The DOJ has a branch called the Special Litigation Section that deals with Prisons and Jails. From their website:

The Special Litigation Section works to protect the rights of people who are in prisons and jails run by state or local governments. If we find that a state or local government systematically deprives people in these facilities of their rights, we can act.

In my complaint, I detailed the horrific, sadistic way Rainey suffered and the prevailing environment in the Transitional Care Unit that led to abuse, beatings, torture, and murder. So in my own small way, I am trying to make a difference. I'll reach out soon to the detective in Miami Metro Homicide to hopefully give him some leads to pursue. Twenty-one months after Rainey's death and it appears the investigation has stalled. What happens now is anybody's guess. For details regarding Rainey's death, please read Chapter 1 on my website under Books. 

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 05, 2014

    Dear Mr. Mallinckrodt, I will buy the book, and read it , and read it again, and hand it over to all my friends. Injustice has to be uncovered ! With kind regards - Angelica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading a post that can make people think. Also,
    many thanks for permitting me to comment!

    Here is my web page - Maika Etnik

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

George Mallinckrodt